All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAccording to traditional Judeo-Christian-Islamic theism, God is an omniscient, omnipotent, and morally perfect agent. This volume shows that philosophy of religion needs to take seriously alternative concepts of the divine, and demonstrates the considerable philosophical interest that they hold.
- Author BiographyAndrei A. Buckareff is Associate Professor of Philosophy and Co-Director of the Cognitive Science Program at Marist College in Poughkeepsie, New York, USA. His research focuses on metaphysical and epistemological issues in philosophy of action, philosophy of mind, and philosophy of religion. His work has been published in the Canadian Journal of Philosophy, International Journal for the Philosophy of Religion, Philosophia, Philosophical Studies, Religious Studies, Theoria, and elsewhere. Yujin Nagasawa is Professor of Philosophy and Co-Director of the John Hick Centre for Philosophy of Religion at the University of Birmingham. He is the author of God and Phenomenal Consciousness and The Existence of God. He has published numerous articles in such journals as Mind, the Philosophical Quarterly, Synthese, the American Philosophical Quarterly, Religious Studies and Faith and Philosophy. He won the Philosophical Quarterly Essay Prize in 2007, the Templeton Award for Theological Promise in 2008, and the Excellence in Philosophy of Religion Prize in 2011.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication04/02/2016
- GenreReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight600 g
- Width161 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAndrei Buckareff,Yujin Nagasawa
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £11.85Trending at £12.54
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
- £11.33Trending at £12.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.