All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe plan was simple. Go to America. Buy a second-hand car. Drive coast-to-coast without giving any money to The Man. What could possibly go wrong? Dismayed by the relentless onslaught of faceless American chains muscling in where local businesses had once thrived, the author sets off on the ultimate American road trip - in search of the true USA.
- Author BiographyDave Gorman is a Perrier Award-nominated comedian and writer. His TV work has earned him two BAFTAs for The Mrs Merton Show.
- Author(s)Dave Gorman
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication03/04/2008
- GenreTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEbury Press
- Out-of-print date09/12/2010
- Weight423 g
- Width134 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Most relevant reviews
- 30822168@delete...19 Jun, 2011by
If you read one book this year, read this one
This is an excellent book and so is the DVD. it is genuine as I asked at a book signing in Nottm that Dave recently did. It really was as he wrote. I want to go back to USA and see if I too can live independently of chain stores and petrol stations (well I don't drive so that would be easy!) Can you go without a MacDonalds in the UK though?