All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a stimulating account of the dominant cultural forms of 1950s America: fiction and poetry; theatre and performance; film and television; music and radio; and the visual arts.
- Author BiographyMartin Halliwell is Professor of American Studies at the University of Leicester. His most recent authored books include American Culture in the 1950s (EUP, 2007), Transatlantic Modernism: Moral Dilemmas in Modernist Fiction (EUP, 2005), The Constant Dialogue: Reinhold Niebuhr and American Intellectual Culture (Rowman & Littlefield, 2005) and Images of Idiocy: The Idiot Figure in Modern Fiction and Film (Ashgate, 2004).
- Author(s)Martin Halliwell
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication13/03/2007
- GenreThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleTwentieth-century American Culture
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content Note24 black & white illustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £21.66Trending at £25.99
- £23.26Trending at £26.67
- £14.58Trending at £21.05
- £14.07Trending at £15.23
- £10.50Trending at £14.50
- £10.82Trending at £13.72
- £16.99Trending at £17.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.