All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTraces the growth of depression as an object of medical study and as a consumer commodity. This book addresses gender issues in the construction of depression, explores key questions of how its diagnosis was developed, how it has been used, and how we should question its application in American society.
- Author BiographyLAURA D. HIRSHBEIN is a practicing clinical psychiatrist and medical historian at the University of Michigan.
- Author(s)Laura D. Hirshbein
- PublisherRutgers University Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2009
- GenreMedicine: General
- Series TitleCritical Issues in Health and Medicine Series
- Place of PublicationNew Brunswick, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRutgers University Press
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Series Edited byRima D. Apple,Janet Golden
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £4.89Trending at £5.24
- £10.30Trending at £11.42
- £12.46Trending at £12.75
- £12.10Trending at £13.61
- £10.87Trending at £13.88
- £23.95Trending at £24.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.