Best selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £11.85Trending at £12.99
- £17.90Trending at £20.05
- £11.22Trending at £12.25
- £16.40Trending at £17.39
- £18.49Trending at £25.00
- £11.80Trending at £12.99
- £8.70Trending at £10.00
About this product
- DescriptionToday complex numbers have such widespread practical use - from electrical engineering to aeronautics - that few people would expect the story behind their derivation to be filled with adventure and enigma. This book tells the 2000-year-old history of one of mathematics' most elusive numbers, the square root of minus one, also known as i.
- Author BiographyPaul J. Nahin is the author of many best-selling popular math books, including Digital Dice, Chases and Escapes, Dr. Euler's Fabulous Formula, When Least Is Best, Duelling Idiots and Other Probability Puzzlers, and Mrs. Perkins's Electric Quilt (all Princeton). He is professor emeritus of electrical engineering at the University of New Hampshire.
- PrizesWinner of AAP/Professional and Scholarly Publishing Awards: Mathematics and Statistics 1998. Commended for Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 1999.
- Author(s)Paul J. Nahin
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication22/02/2010
- GenrePopular Science
- Series TitlePrinceton Science Library
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Out-of-print date20/05/2016
- Content Note47 line illus. 1 halftone.
- Weight428 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementRevised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.