Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.22
- £9.10Trending at £10.99
- £24.98Trending at £25.48
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £27.75Trending at £48.19
- £10.46Trending at £14.24
- £15.43Trending at £24.44
About this product
- DescriptionCombining control theory and modelling, this textbook introduces and builds on methods for simulating and tackling problems in a variety of applied sciences. Emphasizing learning by doing, the focus is on examples and applications to real-world problems.
- Author BiographySebastian Anita is Full Professor on the Faculty of Mathematics at the University Al.I. Cuza Iasi, Romania. His research interests include: optimal control of partial differential equations; mathematical biology; mathematical models in the applied sciences; and industrial problems in the areas of heat transfer and materials science. Professor Anita is the author of more than 50 scientific papers in refereed international journals, one monograph, and three textbooks. Viorel Arnautu is Full Professor on the Faculty of Mathematics at the University Al.I. Cuza Iasi, Romania. His research interests include: numerical methods (theory, algorithms and computer programs) for optimal control problems; numerical methods for Hamilton-Jacobi equations; numerical methods for PDEs and integral equations; and applications to free boundary problems, epidemic models, optimization of plates, laser hardening of steel, 3-D curved mechanical structures, and population dynamics. Professor Arnautu is the author of more than 30 scientific papers in refereed international journals, one monograph, and one textbook. Vincenzo Capasso is Professor of Probability and Mathematical Statistics at the University of Milano, Italy. He is the Founder and Director of MIRIAM (Milan Research Centre for Industrial and Applied Mathematics) and later of ADAMSS (Research Centre for Advanced Applied Mathematical and Statistical Sciences) at the University of Milan. His research interests include: spatially structured stochastic processes; stochastic geometry; reaction-diffusion systems; statistics of structured stochastic processes; and applications to biology, medicine, and industrial problems. Professor Capasso is the author of more than 150 scientific papers and approximately 10 monographs, edited books, and textbooks by international scientific publishing companies.
- Author(s)Sebastian Anita,Vincenzo Capasso,Viorel Arnautu
- PublisherBirkhauser Boston Inc
- Date of Publication28/10/2010
- Series TitleModeling and Simulation in Science, Engineering and Technology
- Place of PublicationSecaucus
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBirkhauser Boston Inc
- Content Notebiography
- Weight526 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.