All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Piero Olla
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication13/08/2014
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleUNITEXT for Physics
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note22 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight461 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction.- Review of probability and statistics.- Kinetic theory.- Thermodynamics.- Introduction to equilibrium statistical mechanics.- The theory of fluctuations.
- Author BiographyPiero Olla (born in Bolzano in 1960) received his PhD in Physics at the University of California Santa Cruz and was later a post-doc at the University of Chicago in the group of Prof. L.P. Kadanoff. Dr. Olla is a researcher at ISAC-CNR and teaches the course Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics at the Physics Department of the University of Cagliari. His research interests are divided almost equally among turbulence theory, low Reynolds number hydrodynamics and population dynamics.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.04
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.67
- £24.23Trending at £25.25
- £17.16Trending at £22.74
- £4.99Trending at £6.16
- £18.99Trending at £33.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.