All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn original study revealing the history of place-names from Ireland to Anatolia, from Scotland to the Apennines, and from to Andalusia the Black Seas.
- Author BiographyPatrick Sims-Williams is Professor of Celtic Studies in the University of Wales, Aberystwyth, and was formerly Reader in Celtic and Anglo-Saxon in the University of Cambridge. He is the author of Religion and Literature in Western England, 600-800 (1990), Britain and Early Christian Europe (1995), and The Celtic Inscriptions of Britain: Phonology and Chronology, c. 400-1200 (2003). He is a co-editor of Ptolemy: Towards a Linguistic Atlas of the Earliest Celtic Place-Names of Europe (2000) and New Approaches to Celtic Place-Names in Ptolemy's Geography (2005), and he edits Cambrian Medieval Celtic Studies. He has been a Fellow of the British Academy since 1996.
- Author(s)Patrick Sims-Williams
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication05/06/2006
- Series TitlePublications of the Philological Society
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight586 g
- Width141 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.82Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.76
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
- £11.33Trending at £12.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.