All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAsks why has the law failed to protect animals from exploitation? Exploring different facets of this issue, this title discusses the history of the treatment of animals, anticruelty statutes, vivisection, the Federal Animal Welfare Act, and specific cases such as the controversial injury of anaesthetized baboons at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Author BiographyGary L. Francione is Professor of Law and Nicholas de B. Katzenbach Scholar of Law at Rutgers University Law School, Newark. He is also Co-director of the Rutgers Animal Rights Law Center.
- Author(s)Gary L. Francione
- PublisherTemple University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication25/04/1995
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleEthics & Action
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTemple University Press,U.S.
- Weight476 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.27
- £4.67Trending at £5.11
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.14Trending at £12.74
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.