All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBrings together translations of classical passages which contributed to ancient debate on the nature of animals and their relationship to human beings. This title discusses questions such as: Do animals differ from humans intellectually? Were animals created for the use of humankind? Should animals be used for food, sport, or sacrifice?
- Author BiographyStephen T. Newmyer is Professor of Classics at the University of Pittsburgh.
- Author(s)Stephen T. Newmyer
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/11/2010
- GenreAncient History
- Series TitleRoutledge Sourcebooks for the Ancient World
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £9.40Trending at £10.74
- £11.48Trending at £12.79
- £14.58Trending at £21.50
- £20.97Trending at £22.47
- £14.24Trending at £15.00
- £10.50Trending at £14.50
- £9.85Trending at £10.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.