All listings for this product
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.44Trending at £4.77
- £8.36Trending at £15.33
- £13.11Trending at £15.00
- £12.77Trending at £13.46
- £5.17Trending at £6.94
- £6.54Trending at £8.97
- £7.23Trending at £9.02
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the greatest novels ever written, Anna Karenina is the story of a beautiful woman whose passionate love for a handsome officer sweeps aside all other ties. This major translation conveys Tolstoy's precision of meaning and emotional accuracy in an English version that is highly readable and stylistically faithful.
- Author BiographyRosamund Bartlett has published widely in the fields of Russian literature and music. Her books include Wagner and Russia (CUP, 2007) and Shostakovitch in Context (OUP, 2000), as well as biographies of Chekhov and Tolstoy. Her life of Tolstoy was longlisted for the Samuel Johnson Prize. As a translator she has published the first unexpurgated edition of Chekhov's letters for Penguin Classics, and her translation of Chekhov's short stories, About Love and Other Stories, for Oxford World's Classics was shortlisted for the Oxford Weidenfeld Translation Prize. She was until 2006 Reader and Head of Department of Russian at the University of Durham, and she is the Founding Director of the Anton Chekhov Foundation, set up to preserve Chekhov's house in Yalta, for which she was awarded the Chekhov 150th Anniversary Medal in 2010 by the Russian government.
- Author(s)Leo Tolstoy
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication28/08/2014
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleOxford World's Classics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight1090 g
- Width142 mm
- Height219 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Translated byRosamund Bartlett
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.