Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £23.99
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- DescriptionUsing the recent multi-year revision of the American Anthropology Association s code of ethics as a platform, this volume suggests a set of principles and practices, based on ethical dilemmas common in the social sciences.
- Author BiographyDena Plemmons is a research ethicist and anthropologist. She is a former chair of the AAA's Committee on Ethics, and she served as the chair of the task force that was convened to review and revise the AAA's code of ethics. Plemmons has extensive experience in research and education in the area of responsible/ethical research across disciplines, though her primary focus is anthropological practice. Alex W. Barker has chaired the ethics committees of the American Anthropological Association and Society for American Archaeology, and served on the American Association of Museums Ethics Task Force on Cultural Property. He currently serves on the Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act National Review Committee, and is past president of the Council for Museum Anthropology. An archaeologist with more than 30 years of experience in the U.S., eastern Europe, and the Mediterranean, his recent publications on ethics include All The Kings Horses: Essays on the Impact of Looting and the Illicit Antiquities Trade on our Knowledge of the Past (SAA Press), Provenience, Provenance and Context(s) in The Futures of Our Pasts: Ethical Implications of Collecting Antiquities in the Twenty-First Century (SAR Press), and Exhibiting Archaeology: Archaeology and Museums (Annual Reviews in Anthropology).
- PublisherLeft Coast Press Inc
- Date of Publication30/11/2015
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationWalnut Creek
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLeft Coast Press Inc
- Weight432 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAlex W. Barker,Dena Plemmons
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.