All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGet a solid grounding in Apache Oozie, the workflow scheduler system for managing Hadoop jobs. With this hands-on guide, two experienced Hadoop practitioners walk you through the intricacies of this powerful and flexible platform, with numerous examples and real-world use cases.
- Author BiographyMohammad Kamrul Islam is currently working at LinkedIn in the Hadoop development team as a Staff Software Engineer. Previously, he worked at Yahoo for nearly five years as an Oozie architect/technical lead. His fingerprints can be found all over Oozie, and he's a respected voice in the Oozie community. He has been intimately involved with the Apache Hadoop ecosystem since 2008. Mohammad has a Ph.D. in Computer Science with a specialization in parallel job scheduling from Ohio State University. He received his MSCS degree from Wright State University, Ohio, and BSCS from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET). He is a PMC member of both Apache Oozie and Apache TEZ. Aravind Srinivasan has been involved with Hadoop in general and Oozie in particular since 2008. He is currently a Lead Application Architect at Altiscale, a Hadoop-as-a-service company, where he helps customers with Hadoop application design and architecture. His association with Big Data and Hadoop started during his time at Yahoo, where he spent almost six years working on various data pipelines for advertising systems. He has extensive experience building complicated, low latency data pipelines and also in porting legacy pipelines to Oozie. He drove a lot of Oozie's requirements as a customer in its early days of adoption inside Yahoo and later spent some time as a Product Manager in Yahoo's Hadoop team where he contributed further to Oozie's roadmap. He also spent a year after Yahoo at Think Big Analytics, a Hadoop consulting firm, where he got to consult on some interesting and challenging Big Data integration projects at Facebook. He has a Masters in Computer Science from Arizona State and lives in Silicon Valley.
- Author(s)Aravind Srinivasan,Mohammad Kamrul Islam
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication26/05/2015
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight435 g
- Width178 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £8.51Trending at £10.23
- £13.86Trending at £14.27
- £41.00Trending at £49.96
- £8.19Trending at £11.99
- £23.41Trending at £25.49
- £20.64Trending at £21.94
- £17.46Trending at £19.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.