All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn exploration of a troubling phenomenon: the fast-growing belief in Muslim countries that the end of the world is at hand - and with it the Great Battle, prophesied by both Sunni and Shi'i tradition, which many believers expect will begin in the Afghan-Pakistani borderlands. It uncovers the role of apocalypse in Islam over the centuries.
- Author BiographyJean-Pierre Filiu is Associate Professor at the Institute for Political Studies (Sciences Po) in Paris. Formerly a Visiting Professor at Georgetown University, he has extensive experience working with NGOs and as a diplomat in the Middle East. His writings about the Muslim world have been translated into a dozen languages.
- Author(s)Jean-Pierre Filiu
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note23 color illustrations
- Weight63 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byM. B. DeBevoise
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £16.76Trending at £25.99
- £23.73Trending at £26.67
- £14.58Trending at £21.05
- £14.21Trending at £15.23
- £10.50Trending at £14.50
- £10.82Trending at £13.72
- £16.99Trending at £17.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.