All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.79Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.13
About this product
- DescriptionWith a focus on networks, this book provides both technical and non-technical perspectives on the structure of tomorrow's Internet. It presents the main findings of a major European project which looked at possible innovations in network architecture.
- Author BiographyLuis M. Correia received the Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from IST-TUL (Technical University of Lisbon) in 1991, where he is currently a Professor in Telecommunications, with his work focused in Wireless/Mobile Communications in the areas of propagation, channel characterisation, radio networks, traffic, and services. He has acted as a consultant for Portuguese mobile communications operators and the telecommunications regulator, besides other public and private entities. Besides being responsible for research projects at the national level, he has been active in various ones within European frameworks of RACE, ACTS, IST, ICT and COST (where he also served as evaluator and auditor), having coordinated two COST projects. He has been supervising students at both the M.Sc. and Ph.D. levels, having authored many papers and communications in international journals and conferences, for which he has served also as a reviewer, editor, and board member. He was part of the COST Domain Committee on ICT. He was the Chairman of the Technical Programme Committee of several conferences, namely PIMRC'2002. He is part of the Expert Advisory Group and of the Steering Board of the European eMobility platform, and the Chairman of its Working Group on Applications.
- Date of Publication24/02/2013
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleSignals and Communication Technology
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight475 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byHenrik Abramowicz,Klaus Wunstel,Luis M. Correia,Martin Johnsson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.