All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresenting a neuroscientifically aware approach to art therapy.
- Author BiographyNoah Hass-Cohen, PsyD, has developed a theoretical model for art psychotherapy. In her publications, and national and international presentations, she explores the advantages of therapeutic art making from an interpersonal neurobiology perspective. She highlights how sensory expressive practices can provide solid opportunities for softening relationships, increasing empathy, mending attachments, and repairing trauma. A practicing clinical psychologist, art therapist, and mindfulness teacher, she specializes in working with children, adolescents, and their families. Originally from Israel, Noah lives with her family in Los Angeles. Her preferred media is pastels. Faculty at the Couples and Family program at California School of Professional Psychology at Alliant University in Los Angeles, she can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Joanna Clyde Findlay, MA, ATR, is a marriage family therapist, artist, and registered art therapist. English by birth, Joanna has studied and practiced in London, Paris, and Los Angeles. She publishes and presents nationally and internationally on relational neurobiology and art therapy and has extensive teaching experiences at the graduate level. Joanna conducts trainings in the Jungian based Mari(R) Mandala(c) assessment tool and integrates family therapy, art therapy and mindfulness practices in her clinical work. As a multi modal artist, she has a committed yoga practice, which she has used with expecting mothers. Her artistic preferences include mixed media and sculpting with soft materials. She can be reached at email@example.com. Louis Cozolino, PhD, is a professor of psychology at Pepperdine University and a private practitioner. He is the author of The Healthy Aging Brain, The Neuroscience of Human Relationships, The Neuroscience of Psychotherapy, and The Making of a Therapist. He lives in Los Angeles, California.
- Author(s)Joanna Clyde Findlay,Noah Hass-Cohen
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication11/09/2015
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleNorton Series on Interpersonal Neurobiology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight940 g
- Width168 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Foreword byLouis Cozolino,Frances F. Kaplan
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £17.56Trending at £18.92
- £8.99Trending at £11.93
- £12.78Trending at £17.93
- £10.49Trending at £10.92
- £24.48Trending at £25.92
- £20.87Trending at £24.30
- £9.94Trending at £10.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.