All listings for this product
Best-selling in Pregnancy Books
About this product
- DescriptionArt and Abstract Objects presents a lively philosophical exchange between the philosophy of art and core areas of philosophy. A team of contributors examine the ontological nature of repeatable artworks-such as plays, novels, and films-as abstract objects, which are immaterial, causally inert, and outside space-time.
- Author BiographyChristy Mag Uidhir is an assistant professor of philosophy at the University of Houston. His main area of research is the philosophy of art. He has published articles in such journals as Philosophers' Imprint, Philosophical Studies, Australasian Journal of Philosophy, American Philosophical Quarterly, The British Journal of Aesthetics, and The Journal of Aesthetics & Art Criticism. He is currently at work on an original monograph, tentatively titled The Attempt Theory of Art (under contract with Oxford University Press).
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication17/01/2013
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight624 g
- Width163 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byChristy Mag Uidhir
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.