All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDevelops an alternative to the eighteenth-century aesthetic of disinterestedness. Centering on the notion of participatory engagement in the appreciation of art, this work explores its appearance in art and in aesthetic perception. It examines the ways in which art entices us into intimate participation in its workings.
- Author BiographyArnold Berleant is Professor Emeritus of Philosophy at Long Island University and the author of Aesthetics of Environment (Temple).
- Author(s)Arnold Berleant
- PublisherTemple University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/03/1993
- GenreThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTemple University Press,U.S.
- Weight417 g
- Width3233 mm
- Height5193 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £109.99Trending at £123.46
- £6.80Trending at £7.69
- £14.34Trending at £14.60
- £23.91Trending at £29.71
- £36.27Trending at £37.44
- £28.35Trending at £31.99
- £28.91Trending at £37.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.