All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReligion and liberty are often thought to be mutual enemies. This title argues that political emancipation and the defense of political liberty have always required the self-sacrifice of people with religious sentiments and a religious devotion to liberty. It shows that when this has been corrupted or suffocated, Italians have lost their liberty.
- Author BiographyMaurizio Viroli is professor of politics at Princeton University and professor of political communication at the University of Italian Switzerland in Lugano. His many books include Niccolo's Smile: A Biography of Machiavelli, Machiavelli's God (Princeton), and The Liberty of Servants: Berlusconi's Italy (Princeton).
- Author(s)Maurizio Viroli
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication09/09/2012
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Weight657 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £4.83Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £10.63Trending at £11.99
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £11.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.