All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMusic is a frequently neglected aspect of Japanese culture. This work covers various genres including court music, Buddhist chant, theatre music, as well as contemporary music and connections between music and society in different periods. It presents a balanced and provocative approach that comprehensively treats Japanese musical culture.
- Author BiographyAlison Tokita is Associate Professor in the School of Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Monash University, Australia. David W. Hughes is Senior Lecturer in Ethnomusicology, Department of Music, School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, UK.
- Author(s)Dr David W. Hughes
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/10/2008
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Series TitleSOAS Musicology Series
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 81 b&w illustrations and 112 music examples
- Weight1180 g
- Width169 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edited byDr. Alison McQueen Tokita
- Series Edited byProfessor Keith Howard
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £43.28Trending at £43.65
- £23.71Trending at £30.52
- £11.70Trending at £12.12
- £8.95Trending at £9.31
- £19.62Trending at £26.58
- £7.73Trending at £10.07
- £18.58Trending at £22.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.