All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn our world, ravaged by devastation and war, this title takes you on a contemplative journey with words that replenish our lives with passion, energy, and love.
- Author BiographyAt the age of eighteen Thomas Matus received initiation into Kriya Yoga from the disciples of Paramahansa Yogananda. He made a personal vow to remain celibate, searching for God through the practice of meditation. As he continued his studies at Occidental College in Los Angeles, he began to experience the ever-new joy that Yogananda said would fill the heart of a faithful yogi. Then one day, during his evening meditation, Matus heard a call to accept the Catholic Church as his guru. After many years of rigorous monastic training at Immaculate Heart Hermitage in Big Sur and the ancient Monastery of Camaldoli in the Apennines of central Italy, he made his way to India, where he sat at the feet of Bede Griffiths in the forest of peace called Shantivanam. In 2006 he returned to the United States and now lives and meditates in a small, urban monastery in Berkeley, California. Matus has composed much liturgical chant and instrumental music, and publlished a number of titles, including Bede Griffith's Essential Writings, Belonging to the Universe, and Yoga and the Jesus Prayer Tradition.
- Author(s)Thomas Matus
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication12/02/2009
- GenreChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNew Alresford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintO Books
- Weight181 g
- Width141 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.38Trending at £4.76
- £8.24Trending at £8.93
- £8.94Trending at £9.25
- £8.97Trending at £9.58
- £14.54Trending at £15.19
- £23.93Trending at £24.68
- £14.88Trending at £15.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.