Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £25.99Trending at £28.04
- £8.24Trending at £8.90
- £8.64Trending at £11.92
- £8.88Trending at £11.98
- £14.54Trending at £15.13
- £23.93Trending at £24.68
- £14.88Trending at £15.08
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the ongoing treatment and education needs of children with Asperger Syndrome. It examines a variety of therapeutic, educational, and social skills strategies for use at home as well as in classrooms and other community settings.
- Author BiographyRaymond W. DuCharme, Ph.D., is the founder and Executive Director of The Learning Clinic, Inc. (TLC), a private, not-for profit educational and treatment program for children and adolescents. Dr. DuCharme has been a researcher, teacher, and Assistant Professor at Brown University, Adjunct Professor of Educational Psychology at University of Connecticut, and Associate in Psychiatry at University of Massachusetts Medical Center. He is a national consultant and author of Asperger Syndrome: A Guide for Professional and Families, textbook chapters, papers, assessment protocols and articles on the subjects of treating and educating students with Autism Spectrum Disorders. The overarching goal is the student's success-a goal that (1) defines our core purpose; (2) is feasible for each child, (3) poses challenges to teacher and student and family, (4) has larger significance that any singular goal and (5) sums up everyone's endeavors at The Learning Clinic. Thomas P. Gullotta, Ph.D., is C.E.O. of Child and Family Agency and a member of the psychology and education departments at Eastern Connecticut State University. He is the senior author of the 4th edition of The Adolescent Experience, co-editor of The Encyclopedia of Primary Prevention and Health Promotion, and editor emeritus of the Journal of Primary Prevention. He is the senior book series editor for Issues in Children's and Families' Lives. Tom holds editorial appointments on the Journal of Early Adolescence, The Journal of Adolescent Research and the Journal of Educational and Psychological Consultation. He has published extensively on adolescents and primary prevention. Tom was honored in 1999 by the Society for Community Research and Action, Division 27 of the American Psychological Association with their Distinguished Contributions to Practice in Community Psychology Award.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication11/05/2013
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleIssues in Children's and Families' Lives
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byRay DuCharme,Thomas P. Gullotta
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.