All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReviewing the nexus of climate change and astronomy, this book examines all the theories on the matter and argues that astronomical factors are the major determinant of the Earth's climate, adding key new analysis to an urgent and central contemporary debate.
- Author BiographyIt has been said that music and astronomy go hand in hand. Antony Cooke's passion for both fields was clear very early in his life, but music ultimately would claim his career. A cellist of international renown, Cooke has been one of the leading players in the Hollywood recording industry for many years, having been Associate Professor of Cello at Northwestern University in Chicago until 1983. He is a U.S. citizen but was born in Australia and educated in London, receiving numerous prizes and awards, including the Gold Medal at the London Music Festival. The dual nature of Cooke's interests continued, astronomy remaining the counterbalance in his life. Always looking for ways to improve his existence at the eyepiece, he has constructed many telescopes over the years, with increasing sizes being the hallmark of his (often-quirky) designs. He has published four books for Springer, Visual Astronomy in the Suburbs (2003), Visual Astronomy Under Dark Skies (2005), Make Time for the Stars (2009) and recently, Dark Nebulae, Dark Lanes and Dust Belts (2012).
- Author(s)Antony Cooke
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/08/2012
- GenrePopular Science
- Series TitleAstronomers' Universe
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 96 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight527 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.86
- £6.41Trending at £7.34
- £9.26Trending at £11.41
- £11.25Trending at £13.59
- £9.95Trending at £12.96
- £10.31Trending at £11.46
- £5.70Trending at £7.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.