All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLongstreet (1790-1870) was a lawyer, judge, state senator, newspaper editor, minister, political propagandist, and college president. Inge's biography was one of the first attempts to assess the cultural background of southern literature, and it was the first real effort to investigate the nature of southwestern humor.
- Author BiographyJohn Donald Wade (1892-1963) was a noted biographer, essayist, and literary scholar. He was a member of the Vanderbilt Agrarian movement and a contributor to its manifesto, I'll Take My Stand. Wade was also the founder of the Georgia Review. M. Thomas Inge is the Robert Emory Blackwell Professor of English and the Humanities at Randolph-Macon College. An authority on popular culture and the history of the comic arts, he is the author or editor of more than fifty books.
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2010
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight626 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £5.96Trending at £6.38
- £23.94Trending at £24.69
- £10.31Trending at £11.79
- £4.53Trending at £6.44
- £6.52Trending at £6.86
- £6.75Trending at £7.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.