All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOriginally published in 1861, Austin Steward's memoir has long been a staple source of first-hand evidence about activism against slavery and racism by freed blacks. This narrative is now available with additional biographical information and a critical introduction.
- Author BiographyGRAHAM R. HODGES is professor of history at Colgate University. He is the author of many books and articles including Root & Branch: African Americans in New York and New Jersey, 1613-1863 and Slavery and Freedom in the Rural North: African Americans in Monmouth County, New Jersey, 1665-1865.
- PublisherSyracuse University Press
- Date of Publication31/10/2001
- GenreAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyracuse University Press
- Content Notenotes
- Weight308 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byGraham Russell Hodges
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.