All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book discusses the challenges that teacher leaders face, such as deciding to accept a leadership role, building principal-teacher leader relationships, and working with peers.
- Author BiographyMarilyn Katzenmeyer is president of Professional Development Center, Inc., and she currently engages in consultation, instructional design, and professional writing. She most recently served as a faculty administrator at the University of South Florida, where she was responsible for the development and implementation of the Executive Leaders Program, a leadership development opportunity for school-based administrators and teacher leaders who were transitioning into district-level leadership roles, and for the coordination of a Transition to Teaching project with a local school district. She was formerly executive director of the West Central Educational Leadership Network, which provided leadership training and school improvement assistance to educators throughout 13 school districts in southwest Florida. She has been a human resource development professional throughout her career, and she was the first director of the Broward County School District (Ft. Lauderdale, FL) Human Resource Development Department. Katzenmeyer worked in Ohio and Florida as a secondary school teacher. She received her doctorate in adult education from The Florida State Uni--versity. Her research focused on effective strategies for measuring the impact of leadership training programs on the behavior of school administrators. Gayle Moller recently retired as associate professor in the Department of Educational Leadership and Foundations at Western Carolina University in Cullowhee, North Carolina. She was formerly executive director of the South Florida Center for Educational Leaders. The Center served large, urban school systems in South Florida that provided staff development for school leaders. Moller worked in the Broward County Public Schools (Ft. Lauderdale, Florida) for 19 years as a teacher, school administrator, and staff development administrator. She received her doctorate from Teachers College/Columbia University. Teacher leadership and professional learning communities are her research interests. Moller served on the board of trustees of the National Staff Development Council. She is a co-author, with Anita Pankake, of Lead with Me: A Principal's Guide to Teacher Leadership.
- Author(s)Gayle Moller,Marilyn Katzenmeyer
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication11/08/2009
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures
- Weight522 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.67Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.76
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
- £11.33Trending at £12.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.