CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.15
- £6.82Trending at £7.31
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £14.94Trending at £18.98
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £25.99Trending at £28.69
About this product
- DescriptionUses American sports culture to challenge and explore notions of race in America. This work focuses on topics such as anti-intellectualism, jingoism, and exploitation in collegiate athletics, as well as the role of sports culture in cultivating notions of masculinity.
- Author BiographyThabiti Lewis teaches English at Washington State University Vancouver. He also has worked as a journalist, and talk radio host. He obtained his Ph.D. in English from Saint Louis University. In addition to Ballers of the New School: Race and Sport in America he is working on multiple projects about the writer Toni Cade Bambara.
- Author(s)Thabiti Lewis
- PublisherThird World Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/03/2010
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThird World Press,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.