All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExplores the upper-crust world of the masked and fancy-dress ball, including the Romanov ball, Truman Capote's Black and White Ball, and the balls of Count Etienne de Beaumont.
- Author BiographyNicholas Foulkes is a British historian, author, and journalist who has written books on subjects as diverse as James Bond, porcelain, and the trench coat. He is best known for his critically acclaimed trilogy of nineteenth-century histories: Scandalous Society, a biography of Count d'Orsay; Dancing Into Battle; and Gentlemen and Blackguards. In addition to Bals and High Society, he has written four other books for Assouline. Foulkes is luxury editor of British GQ, co-founder and editor-in-chief of Finch's Quarterly Review, and a contributing editor of Vanity Fair.
- Author(s)Nicholas Foulkes
- Date of Publication19/08/2011
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight3856 g
- Width279 mm
- Height356 mm
- Spine46 mm
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.75
- £1.49Trending at £1.66
- £24.88Trending at £36.10
- £16.32Trending at £18.57
- £14.50Trending at £15.43
- £5.00Trending at £9.95
- £1.49Trending at £1.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.