All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDraws readers inside the circle of intellectuals, scientists, politicians, businessmen, and clergymen who brought Charles Darwin's controversial ideas to post - Civil War America. This title situates Darwinism in the context of the Gilded Age.
- Author BiographyBarry Werth is an award-winning journalist whose articles have been published in the New Yorker, New York Times Magazine, and GQ. He is the author of several books, including The Scarlet Professor: Newton Arvin: A Literary Life Shattered by Scandal and 31 Days: The Crisis That Gave Us the Government We Have Today.
- Author(s)Barry Werth
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication25/03/2011
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight535 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.67Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.76
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
- £11.33Trending at £12.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.