All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.47
- £7.95Trending at £8.35
- £4.88Trending at £5.00
- £4.98Trending at £5.61
- £14.67Trending at £15.26
- £3.91Trending at £4.14
- £16.13Trending at £20.14
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the evolution of black leadership and politics since the Civil Rights Movement. It looks at the phenomenon of Barack Obama, from his striking emergence as a successful candidate for the Illinois State Senate to President of the United States, as part of the continuum of African American political leaders.
- Author BiographyMANNING MARABLE is Professor of History and Political Science, and Public Affairs at Columbia University, USA, where he also serves as founding Director of the Institute for Research in African-American Studies. KRISTEN CLARKE is an attorney at the NAACP Legal Defense Fund and is an expert on voting rights, election law and political participation matters.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication30/12/2009
- GenreGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleCritical Black Studies
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight904 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byKristen Clarke,Manning Marable
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.