All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
About this product
- DescriptionIt may be America's game, but no one seems to know how or when baseball really started. This work brings fresh evidence of baseball's origins into play. It tackles one stubborn misconception after another, debunking the enduring belief that baseball descended from the English game of rounders and explains the Abner Doubleday-Cooperstown story.
- Author BiographyDavid Block is a long-time collector of early baseball books and memorabilia, and is a passionate, lifelong fan of the game and its history.
- Author(s)David Block
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2005
- GenreBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content NoteIllus., maps
- Weight613 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byTim Wiles
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.