All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTalking about how to watch, research, and understand baseball, this book shows how easy it is to get data, process it, and use it to understand baseball. It lists many sources for contemporary and historical baseball data, and explains how to load it into a database for analysis. It then introduces statistical tools for understanding data.
- Author BiographyJoe Adler received both his undergraduate and master's degrees from MIT in Computer Science and Electrical Engineering. After spending a few years as a management consultant doing risk analysis for banks and credit card companies, he now works as a researcher at Verisign, where he does data mining and statistical analysis work on hundreds of gigabytes of security, naming, and telecom data. When he's not doing statistics professionally, he spends hours every day watching baseball on television, following standings, and reading about baseball. As a hard-core fan, he can't help thinking about how to apply statistical thinking when watching baseball. If you suffer the same affliction and want to talk shop, send Joe email at email@example.com.
- Author(s)Joseph A. Adler
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication10/02/2006
- GenreBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight626 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Sports
Save on Sports
- £15.43Trending at £18.98
- £9.97Trending at £16.99
- £25.00Trending at £26.73
- £7.28Trending at £8.04
- £9.99Trending at £10.12
- £7.42Trending at £8.07
- £11.86Trending at £15.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.