All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTells the history of geometry. This book presents more than sixty exquisite color plates illustrating a range of geometric patterns and theorems, accompanied by brief accounts of the fascinating history and people behind each.
- Author BiographyEli Maor is the author of To Infinity and Beyond, e: The Story of a Number, Trigonometric Delights, Venus in Transit, and The Pythagorean Theorem: A 4,000-Year History (all Princeton) and has taught the history of mathematics at Loyola University Chicago. Eugen Jost is a well-known Swiss artist whose work is strongly influenced by mathematics.
- PrizesCommended for PROSE Awards: Popular Science & Popular Mathematics 2015.
- Author(s)Eli Maor,Eugen Jost
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication14/01/2014
- GenrePopular Science
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note66 color illus. 64 line illus.
- Weight885 g
- Width229 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.