All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis up-to-date book focuses on Beethoven's Ninth Symphony, exploring the cultural and musical meanings that surround this powerful work of genius. The author includes an examination of interpretations of the work by prominent conductors, including Wagner, Mahler, and Weingartner.
- Author BiographyDavid Benjamin Levy is professor and chair, Department of Music, Wake Forest University, and visiting professor of musicology at the Eastman School of Music. He is a specialist in classic and romantic music and has lectured on Beethoven throughout the United States and Europe.
- Author(s)David Benjamin Levy
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2003
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Series TitleYale Music Masterworks
- Place of PublicationNew haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight370 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £7.45Trending at £8.02
- £29.50Trending at £42.63
- £27.37Trending at £28.88
- £26.39Trending at £28.41
- £20.75Trending at £21.69
- £10.62Trending at £11.95
- £23.35Trending at £24.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.