All listings for this product
Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £37.76Trending at £54.13
- £23.31Trending at £24.34
- £13.90Trending at £18.95
- £15.48Trending at £18.99
- £8.15Trending at £8.98
- £11.18Trending at £17.05
- £11.54Trending at £14.85
About this product
- DescriptionEngaging with such seemingly intractable problems as population growth, the decline of natural resources, desertification, pollution and deforestation, this book shows that many of these problems are interrelated. It argues that by working together for peace and justice human beings can expect to find lasting solutions.
- Author BiographyAurelio Peccei (1908-1908), was an Italian scholar and industrialist who founded the Club of Rome in 1968. A member of the Italian resistance during World War II, in 1944 he was arrested, imprisoned and tortured. After the war he became chairman of Fiat and President of Olivetti, while also being active in organisations like the World Wildlife Fund, Friends of the Earth and the International Ocean Institute. Daisaku Ikeda (1928-) is the President of Soka Gakkai International, a lay Buddhist organisation whose adherents come from over 190 countries throughout the world. He is the author of more than 80 books on Buddhist themes, and received the United Nations Peace Award in 1983.
- Author(s)Aurelio Pecci,Daisaku Ikeda
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication30/10/2008
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleEchoes and Reflections Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.