All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAmong the soaring skyscrapers, choking exhaust fumes, nonstop traffic jams, and towering monuments, one discovers old Beijing - newly styled, perhaps, but no less present and powerful than in its ancient incarnation. This book reveals the city as a whole. It allows us to see how the people of Beijing - and China - work and live.
- Author BiographyMichael Dutton is author of Streetlife China and the prize-winning Policing Chinese Politics; he is also Professor of Politics at Goldsmiths University of London. Hsiu-ju Stacy Lo is an independent scholar. Dong Dong Wu is an independent scholar.
- Author(s)Dong Dong Wu,Hsiu-ju Stacy Lo,Michael Dutton
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication07/05/2010
- GenreTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Content Note73 halftones, 4 maps
- Weight308 g
- Width140 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Trade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £11.85Trending at £12.54
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
- £11.33Trending at £12.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.