All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.70
- £6.19Trending at £6.44
- £4.67Trending at £5.15
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.88Trending at £12.93
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
- £12.39Trending at £13.21
About this product
- DescriptionAccording to nineteenth-century racial uplift ideology, African American women served their race best as reformers and activists. This book examines the autobiographies of four women who diverged from that ideal and defended the legitimacy of their self-supporting wage labor.
- Author BiographyXIOMARA SANTAMARINA is assistant professor of English and Afro American and African studies at the University of Michlgan, Ann Arbor.
- Author(s)Xiomara Santamarina
- PublisherThe University of North Carolina Press
- Date of Publication31/10/2005
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationChapel Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of North Carolina Press
- Content Note5 illustrations, notes, index
- Weight281 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.