CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £24.99Trending at £42.46
- £8.95Trending at £9.95
- £17.19Trending at £17.84
- £24.93Trending at £25.93
- £11.71Trending at £12.84
- £21.48Trending at £29.18
- £7.66Trending at £9.93
About this product
- Date of Publication01/01/2007
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleCosterus New Series
- Series Part/Volume Number174
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintEditions Rodopi B.V.
- Out-of-print date18/05/2017
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight415 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Volume editorBegona Crespo-Garcia,Isabel Moskowich-Spiegel
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsIsabel MOSKOWICH and Begona CRESPO: Introduction Part 1. Linguistic aspects of early English Agnieszka PYSZ: The (im)possibility of stacking adjectives in Early English Ruth CARROLL: Lists in Letters: NP-lists and general extenders in Early English correspondence Prancisco ALONSO-ALMEIDA: Middle English medical books as examples of discourse colonies: G.U.L Hunter 307 Rosa Eva FERNANDEZ-CONDE: The second-person pronoun in late medieval English drama: The York Cycle (c. 1440) Isabel MOSKOWICH and Begona CRESPO: Different paths for words and money: The semantic field of Commerce and Finance in Middle English Part 2. Language and culture John McKINNELL: How might Everyman has been performed? Isabel de la CRUZ-CABANILLAS: Shift of meaning in the animal field: Some cases of narrowing and widening Maria Jose ESTEVE-RAMOS: Different aspects of the specialised nomenclature of ophthalmology in Old and Middle English Nuria BELLO-PINON and Dolores Elvira MENDEZ-SOUTO: Complex predicates in early scientific writing M* Victoria DOMINGUEZ-RODRIGUEZ and Alicia RODRIGUEZ-ALVAREZ: Sixteenth-century glosses to a fifteenth-century gynaecological treatise (BL, MS Sloane 249, ff. 180v-205v): A scientifically biased revision Part 3. Philology and the study of medieval texts Donald SCRAGG: Rewriting eleventh-century English grammar and the editing of texts Francisco Jose ALVAREZ-LOPEZ: DCL, B IV, 24: A palaeographical and codicological study of Durham's Cantor's Book Nils-Lennart JOHANNESSON: The four-wheeled quadriga and the seven sacraments: On the sources for the 'dedication' of the Ormulum Juan Camilo CONDE-SILVESTRE: Verbal confrontation and the uses of direct speech in some Old English poetic hagiographies Tom SHIPPEY: Tolkien, medievalism, and the philological tradition
- Author BiographyIsabel Moskowich-Spiegel teaches history of the English language since 1989 in the Universities of Santiago de Compostela and A Coruna (Spain). Begona Crespo Garcia is a Lecturer at the University of A Coruna (Spain).
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.