All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of celebrated classic British farces by a master of the artform.
- Author BiographyIn a writing career of over 60 years, Ben Travers is regarded as the master of the 'Aldwych Farces'. This collection is being published at a time where farces are coming back into fashion following the smash hit of One Man Two Guvnors, and the success of The Magistrate both at the National Theatre, as well as the recent productions of Noises Off and What the Butler Saw. The four plays in this collection are representative of Travers' work at its best and most characteristic. The plays include the classic farces Rookery Nook (1926), Thark (1927), Plunder (1927) & The Bed Before Yesterday (1977).Several of these plays have enjoyed modern revivals, Plunder in 1977 at the National Theatre, and Rookery Nook in 2009 at the Menier Chocolate Factory.
- Author(s)Ben Travers
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication31/01/2014
- GenreDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleOberon Modern Playwrights
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOberon Books Ltd
- Weight431 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £9.70Trending at £10.85
- £9.19Trending at £9.62
- £6.27Trending at £7.90
- £8.77Trending at £9.50
- £7.79Trending at £8.36
- £4.00Trending at £6.99
- £7.53Trending at £8.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.