All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/09/2010
- GenreChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationKansas City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSheed & Ward,U.S.
- Content Notecolour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight921 g
- Width214 mm
- Height266 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited bySister
- Foreword byRSM Mary Ann Walsh,King Abdullah II
- Table Of ContentsINTRODUCTIONS Greeting from the Vatican, Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, Secretary of State, Vatican City Foreword, King Abdullah II of Jordan Foreword, President Shimon Peres of Israel Preface, Cardinal Francis George, OMI, President, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops Pope Benedict XVI: First Five Years of Papacy, John Thavis Personal Reflections Archbishop Dennis M. Schnurr of Cincinnati PART I: PILGRIM Essays Unity: A Key Priority Europe: Strength, Struggle China: Catholics Together Finding God in Everyone Message from the Blue Mosque Healing for Christians and Jews On the Road Africa: Reconciliation, Justice, Peace A Continental Mission: Stand for the Poor With Youth: Ever the Catechist Papal Visit 2008: Christ Our Hope Personal Reflections Bishop William Skylstad of Spokane Archbishop Robert J. Carlson of St. Louis Archbishop Timothy Broglio for the Military Services USA Cardinal Francis George, OMI, Archbishop of Chicago Nancy Wiechec, Visual Media Manager, Catholic News Service Sister Mary Ann Walsh, RSM, Director of Media Relations, USCCB Helen Osman, Secretary for Communications, USCCB PART II: PASTOR Essays Giving the Look of Love They Crave Turning to Altotting, Inspired by Mary Arms of the Man The Teachable Garment Music: Joy to His World The Word Has a Face, the Person, Christ Pope Benedict XVI, Model Liturgist Mass Participation from Within Shepherding Cats The Heart of a Disciple Quaerere Deum, to Seek God Priesthood Rooted in Prayer Searing Pain of Abuse Personal Reflections Archbishop Timothy Dolan of New York Archbishop John C. Nienstedt of Saint Paul and Minneapolis Cardinal John Foley, Grand Master of the Order of the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem Archbishop George J. Lucas of Omaha Cardinal Edward Egan, Archbishop Emeritus of New York Cardinal Justin Rigali, Archbishop of Philadelphia Cardinal Sean P. O'Malley, Archbishop of Boston PART III: PROPHET Part 46 Essays Caritas in Veritate Ethics and Economics First Justice, Then Charity Human Rights Human Life and Bioethics The Peace Pope Migration: A Sign of the Times Leading the Green Revolution Friending Is Evangelizing Family: Basis for Society Faith and Political Life A Challenge to Catholic Educators Hope for Today Personal Reflections Archbishop Gregory M. Aymond of New Orleans Archbishop Emeritus Joseph A. Fiorenza of Galveston-Houston RESOURCES The Life and Ministry of Pope Benedict XVI Key Writings of Pope Benedict Contributors Acknowledgments Index
- Author BiographySister Mary Ann Walsh, RSM, was a Sister of Mercy and editor of two books, including John Paul II: A Light for the World, winner of the Popular Presentation of the Catholic Faith Award with the Catholic Press Association. A frequent commentator on church affairs, she was director of media relations at the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. She died in 2015.
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £11.94Trending at £13.25
- £16.76Trending at £20.62
- £10.16Trending at £14.50
- £16.99Trending at £17.18
- £9.93Trending at £12.98
- £10.29Trending at £11.73
- £5.80Trending at £8.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.