All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe translation of Beowulf by J.R.R. Tolkien was an early work, very distinctive in its mode, completed in 1926: he returned to it later to make hasty corrections, but seems never to have considered its publication.
- Author BiographyJ.R.R. Tolkien is best known for The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, selling 150 million copies in more than 60 languages worldwide. He died in 1973 at the age of 81. Christopher Tolkien is the third son of J.R.R. Tolkien. Appointed by J.R.R. Tolkien to be his literary executor, he has devoted himself to the publication of his father's unpublished writings, notably The Silmarillion and The History of Middle-earth.
- Author(s)J. R. R. Tolkien
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication21/05/2015
- GenreHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Out-of-print date20/08/2016
- Content Note1 b/w illus
- Weight580 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byChristopher Tolkien
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best selling in Historical & Mythological
Save on Historical & Mythological
- £8.46Trending at £8.92
- £8.78Trending at £9.16
- £5.36Trending at £5.65
- £7.79Trending at £9.23
- £4.94Trending at £8.42
- £6.00Trending at £8.98
- £2.99Trending at £3.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.