All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive book describes all aspects of the current sampling and analysis techniques for trace-level beryllium in the workplace.
- Author BiographyMichael J. Brisson has over 30 years experience in analytical chemistry specializing in spectroscopy. His current work includes advisory support for industrial hygiene laboratories handling radioactive samples, and for the design of new nuclear laboratories. He is currently Chair of the Beryllium Health and Safety Committee (U.S. Departments of Energy and Defence) and Secretary of the ASTM International Committee on Air Quality. He is also the technical lead for three ASTM International Standards. He has organized numerous beryllium-related technical sessions at the American Chemical Society and the American Industrial Hygiene Association national meetings and was lead organizer of the Second Symposium on Beryllium Particulates and Their Detection in Salt Lake City, November 2005. He is author or co-author of eight peer-reviewed journal articles and guest edited a special issue of the Journal of Environmental Monitoring on beryllium sampling and analysis. Amy A. Ekechukwu is a senior Fellow Scientist with over 26 years experience in spectrophotometry, chromatography, electrochemical analysis and synthesis, liquid scintillation counting, gamma spectrophotometry, handling of radioactive material, and a variety of wet chemistry methods. She was profiled as International Woman of the Month for Women in Technology International, June 2000 and is currently a member of the Executive Board of the Beryllium Health and Safety Committee (U.S. Departments of Energy and Defence). She has chaired prominent sessions at four International Ion Chromatography Forums, organized numerous sessions at the American Chemical Society and the American Industrial Hygiene Association national meetings. She was lead organizer for the Third International Symposium on Beryllium Particulates and Their Detection in November 2008 in Albuquerque and has had eleven patents granted.
- PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Date of Publication01/08/2009
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight482 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byAmy A. Ekechukwu,Mike J. Brisson
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.