All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.57
- £5.34Trending at £6.03
- £10.25Trending at £11.86
- £12.10Trending at £13.40
- £10.87Trending at £11.75
- £5.02Trending at £6.51
- £5.70Trending at £7.16
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents legal perspectives on the most important sacred places of the Mediterranean. The authors discuss the notion of sacred places in anthropological, sociological and legal studies, provide an overview of existing legal approaches to their protection and consider the meaning of sacred places in Jewish, Christian and Islamic thought.
- Author BiographySilvio Ferrari is Professor of Law and Religion at the Universities of Milan and Leuven. He has been Visiting professor at the University of California (Berkeley, 1994 and 2001), the Institute for Advanced Legal Studies (London, 1998-99) and the Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes (Paris, Sorbonne, 2004). His main fields of interest are law and religion in Europe, comparative law of religions (particularly Jewish law, Canon law and Islamic law) and the Vatican policy in the Middle East. He has published widely on these and related areas. Andrea Benzo is Head of the Economic and Commercial Affairs Section of the Italian Embassy in Riyadh. He holds a Doctorate from the University of Macerata (Italy) in Canon and Ecclesiastical Law. His main fields of interest are law and religion in the Middle East and the role of religion in international relations.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/07/2014
- GenreLaw: General & Reference
- Series TitleCultural Diversity and Law
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 13 b&w illustrations
- Weight771 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byAndrea Benzo,Professor Silvio Ferrari
- Series Edited byDr. Prakash Shah
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.