All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1920, at the age of thirteen, Irmgard Gebensleben first traveled from Germany to The Netherlands on a war-children transport. She would later marry a Dutch man and live and raise her family there while keeping close to her German family and friends through the frequent exchange of letters.
- Author BiographyHedda Kalshoven is the daughter of Irmgard Gebensleben. Peter Fritzsche is W. D. and Sara E. Trowbridge Professor of History at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and author of Life and Death in the Third Reich and many other books.
- PublisherUniversity of Illinois Press
- Date of Publication10/06/2014
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Illinois Press
- Content Note15 black and white photographs
- Weight499 g
- Width3971 mm
- Height5983 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byHedda Kalshoven
- Translated byPeter Fritzsche
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.45Trending at £11.05
- £6.17Trending at £7.34
- £4.68Trending at £4.84
- £12.10Trending at £13.59
- £9.95Trending at £12.96
- £5.02Trending at £5.99
- £11.96Trending at £12.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.