All listings for this product
Best-selling in Pregnancy Books
About this product
- DescriptionNarratives of possession have survived in early English medical and philosophical treatises. Using ideas derived from cognitive science, this study moves through the stages of possession and exorcism to describe how the social, religious, and medical were internalized to create the varied manifestations of demon possession in early modern England.
- Author BiographyKirsten C. Uszkalo is the Editor of 'Preternature: Critical and Historical Studies in the Preternatural.' She received her PhD from the University of Alberta.
- Author(s)Kirsten C. Uszkalo
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication01/07/2015
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleCognitive Studies in Literature and Performance
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight480 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.