All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a survey of the debate about the relationship between law and society in the Roman world.
- Author BiographyJohn W. Cairns is a legal historian and graduate of the University of Edinburgh (LLB PhD). His research interests cluster around law and the Enlightenment, the history of Scots law, codification in Louisiana, and law and slavery. He is a fellow of the Royal Society of Edinburgh (FRSE) and Professor of Legal History in the University of Edinburgh. Paul J du Plessis is a legal historian who holds a PhD (Law) from the Erasmus University, Rotterdam. His research interests include Roman law, medieval interpretations of Roman law, the historical development of the civilian tradition in mixed jurisdictions, the relationship between law and history as well as between law and society in a historical context. Secondary research interests include the development of European Private Law, Comparative Law and International Private Law..
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication25/05/2007
- GenreLaw: General & Reference
- Series TitleEdinburgh Studies in Law
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content Note1 b&w
- Weight526 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byJohn W. Cairns,Paul du Plessis
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.84Trending at £5.17
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £10.87Trending at £13.84
- £23.95Trending at £24.80
- £10.31Trending at £11.79
- £6.20Trending at £6.86
- £5.78Trending at £6.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.