All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShows that the wood engravings in the illustrated newspapers of Gilded Age America were more than a quaint predecessor to our own sophisticated media. This illustrated book tells the history and traces the influence of Frank Leslie's Illustrated Newspaper , with relevant asides to Harper's Weekly , the New York Daily Graphic , and others.
- Author BiographyJoshua Brown is Executive Director of the American Social History Project/Center for Media and Learning at The Graduate Center, City University of New York. He is coauthor of the interactive CD-ROMs Who Built America? From the Great War of 1914 to the Dawn of the Atomic Age (2000) and Who Built America? From the Centennial Celebration of 1876 to the Great War of 1914 (1993), and visual editor of the groundbreaking Who Built America? textbook (1990, 2000), in addition to his many other documentaries, digital programs, essays, illustrations, and cartoons.
- Author(s)Joshua Brown
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication13/06/2006
- GenreIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note105 b/w illustrations
- Weight485 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.27
- £4.67Trending at £5.11
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.14Trending at £12.74
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.