All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Jewish clothing merchants to Bangladeshi curry houses, ancient docks to the 2012 Olympics, the area east of the City has always played a crucial role in London's history. The East End was the home to Shakespeare's first theatre and to the early stirrings of a mass labour movement. This book offers an illustrated history of this district.
- Author BiographyJohn Marriott is emeritus professor of history at the Raphael Samuel History Centre, University of East London.
- Author(s)John Marriott
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication03/07/2012
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note50 black-&-white illustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width147 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £14.58Trending at £21.30
- £16.96Trending at £25.00
- £9.85Trending at £10.56
- £16.99Trending at £17.93
- £7.78Trending at £8.30
- £12.34Trending at £13.16
- £12.76Trending at £13.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.