All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShows students how calculus relates to biology, with a style that maintains rigor without being overly formal. This book motivates and illustrates the topics of calculus with examples drawn from many areas of biology, including genetics, biomechanics, medicine, pharmacology, physiology, ecology, epidemiology, and evolution, to name a few.
- Author BiographyThe late James Stewart received his M.S. from Stanford University and his Ph.D. from the University of Toronto. He did research at the University of London and was influenced by the famous mathematician George Polya at Stanford University. Stewart was most recently Professor of Mathematics at McMaster University, and his research field was harmonic analysis. Stewart was the author of a best-selling calculus textbook series published by Cengage Learning, including CALCULUS, CALCULUS: EARLY TRANSCENDENTALS, and CALCULUS: CONCEPTS AND CONTEXTS, as well as a series of precalculus texts. Troy Day received his M.S. in biology from the University of British Columbia and his Ph.D. in mathematics from Queen's University. His first academic position was at the University of Toronto, before being recruited back to Queen's University as a Canada Research Chair in Mathematical Biology. He is currently a Professor of Mathematics and Statistics and a Professor of Biology. His research group works in areas ranging from applied mathematics to experimental biology. Troy Day is also coauthor of the widely used book A BIOLOGIST'S GUIDE TO MATHEMATICAL MODELING, published by Princeton University Press in 2007.
- Author(s)James Stewart,Troy Day
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1790 g
- Width225 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine35 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.84Trending at £5.19
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £10.87Trending at £13.84
- £23.95Trending at £24.80
- £10.31Trending at £11.79
- £6.20Trending at £6.86
- £5.78Trending at £6.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.