All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBiochalcogen Chemistry: The Biological Chemistry of Sulfur, Selenium, and Tellurium highlights the biological uses of heavy chalcogens as a key area of focus in bioinorganic chemistry and a unifying theme for research in a wide variety of disciplines.
- Author BiographyCraig A. Bayse received his B.S. in chemistry from Roanoke College in 1994 and his Ph.D. at Texas A&M University in 1998, working with Michael B. Hall on theoretical studies of the structure and bonding of transition metal hydride complexes. As a graduate student, he attended the European Summer School in Quantum Chemistry in Sweden and the Sostrup Summer School on Quantum Chemistry and Molecular Properties in Denmark. He took a brief hiatus from computational chemistry during a Kodak-funded postdoctoral appointment at Cornell University with Barry K. Carpenter, synthesizing novel azoalkanes. More recently, he added molecular dynamics simulations of proteins to his repertoire through a sabbatical appointment at the University of Florida with Kennie M. Merz. His research uses an amalgam of these computational and experimental approaches to explore the bonding and reactivity of inorganic systems. Julia L. Brumaghim received her Ph.D. degree from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and completed postdoctoral research at the University of California at Berkeley in both Bioinorganic Chemistry and Cellular and Molecular Biology. She is currently an Associate Professor in the Department of Chemistry at Clemson University in Clemson, SC. Recent work primarily focuses on metalmediated oxidative DNA damage and the mechanisms by which sulfur, selenium, and polyphenolic antioxidant compounds prevent this damage.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication09/04/2015
- Series TitleACS Symposium Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note109
- Weight468 g
- Width163 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byCraig A. Bayse,Julia L. Brumaghim
Best selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.48Trending at £10.67
- £15.36Trending at £15.61
- £9.99Trending at £14.98
- £30.00Trending at £34.09
- £2.39Trending at £3.03
- £11.89Trending at £13.62
- £17.99Trending at £20.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.